Squatatron
Max Brawn
Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Training Exp: 20 Years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat & Deadlift
Fav Supp: Collagen
Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoore87 View Post
Digging the close stance squat!
Thanks J. It seems to be the stance I am most comfortable with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
Yes, pain free the best two words ever written! Great stuff, Jim! I'm really glad to hear you're feeling good. That's most important.

FWIW, I added in some paused bench about 5 weeks out from my event. I did my normal TnG work sets (or maybe one single less), then hit a single paused rep afterward. If I hit it, I'd add 5 pounds the next week, etc. Then two weeks out I started hitting like 2-3 paused singles after working up to a couple max singles TnG. So, I'm thinking there's no need for you to be pausing every rep right now. Bench normal. Just throw some paused bench singles in there afterward until you get closer to the meet, then focus in on imagining commands, etc.

The commands at the meet will be easier to follow than you think, too. You'll be watching people before you, people will help you and remind you, etc. I was worried more about bench than anything else and probably prepared the least for the commands, but I didn't have a problem at all. You won't either.

Nice to see you dancing and kicking your barbell again, buddy! Music......eh, could use some work there.
OK Mike. I will foloow your advice to the T. It seems to be the best way to go. Just one ? - what does TnG mean?

Had to laugh about the music. Nobody seemed to like what I was playing before, so I thought I would go with a hard/metal/screamo playlist to lift with. I actually feel more aggressive with this tunage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
That's hardest on my back. It was hard at my first meet to stand all day as well.

All good big Jim.
I really hope I don't have to stand around much Steve!! Too much time to think and thus over think is not good.
Bench: 286 lbs
Deadlift: 501 lbs
Total: 1262 lbs

Gym PR's:
Squat: 495 lbs
Bench: 300 lbs
Deadlift: 520 lbs
Total: 1315 Lbs
Age 50
Squatter is offline   Reply With Quote