MikeM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

Yes, pain free the best two words ever written! Great stuff, Jim! I'm really glad to hear you're feeling good. That's most important.

FWIW, I added in some paused bench about 5 weeks out from my event. I did my normal TnG work sets (or maybe one single less), then hit a single paused rep afterward. If I hit it, I'd add 5 pounds the next week, etc. Then two weeks out I started hitting like 2-3 paused singles after working up to a couple max singles TnG. So, I'm thinking there's no need for you to be pausing every rep right now. Bench normal. Just throw some paused bench singles in there afterward until you get closer to the meet, then focus in on imagining commands, etc.

The commands at the meet will be easier to follow than you think, too. You'll be watching people before you, people will help you and remind you, etc. I was worried more about bench than anything else and probably prepared the least for the commands, but I didn't have a problem at all. You won't either.

Nice to see you dancing and kicking your barbell again, buddy! Music......eh, could use some work there.

Best meet lifts: Sq 150 Kg (330 lb), Bench 120 Kg (264), DL 160 (352) @89 Kg (197)
Best gym lifts: Sq 375, Bench 280 (pause), DL 385 @205 or less
Goals: 3/4/5
Goals beyond my wildest dreams, 600 Kg raw total, 200/160/240

Hack away at anything which isn't essential. Do what you love, and do it often. Fazc.

Everything competes for recovery so more assistance is not always the best idea. miked96
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote