Pain Master
Max Brawn
Points: 3,850, Level: 39 Points: 3,850, Level: 39 Points: 3,850, Level: 39
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: ~23 years
Training Type: Other
Fav Exercise: Back Squat
Fav Supp: Fish-oils
BRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Not yet, but she is starting to take an interest in athletics and lifting.

Does your daughter lift with a school, club or at home with you? We don't really have a place around here for children to be exposed to Olympic lifting, so excuse my ignorance.
She's a member in an Olympic Lifting Club ("Bybon" the name).
Our Club, the coach etc got golden medals too at the last games, cause we won also as a club.
It happens our club, and our town, to be one of the best in northern Greece, and give many talents to Greece, in some other sports too.

She started with me, as my older daughter too, with general weight training, for strength, explosivness etc, and with olympic drills too (the power versions).
Then I saw that she got it, and for another reason because we don't live together (she is with her mom in the town, I live now at my home village 13km distance away), so she couldn't continue to train with me etc, I took her to the Olympic Lifting Club, and I drive there everytime she has training so I can see her too.
So she was a bit ready before, and very fast got into the game, competed etc.

My older daughter Katerina (19) is in college, she does train here and there, but have no time to go in a club or train more seriously.
She is very strong and also good enough for OL (but college comes first), she is the one in the video I showed you about 2 years ago, with the 242 lbs Back Squat to parallel (done at age 16), if you remember.
I think the video is posted in the forum, can't remember, I got to search it or put it here (with some other vids too) if it isn't in the forum.

Back Squat (parallel) - 200kg x 1
Back Squat (below parallel) - 180kg x 2
Deadstop Back Squat (just above parallel) - 190kg x 1
Deadstop Back Squat (parallel) - 165kg x 1
Deadstop Front Squat (parallel) - 140kg x 1
Deadstop Front Squat (just above parallel) - 165kg x 1
Sumo Pull (below knees) - 215kg x 1
Rack Pull (from knees) - 250kg x 2
Rack Snatch High Pull - 140kg x 1
Pin Floor Press - 155kg x 1
Bench Press - 145kg x 1
BTN Push Press - 95kg x 2