BigJosh
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member

Quote:
If you think that Starting Strength is the single best training program for beginners you are part of the Rippetoe cult

If you think that split routines are not effective you are part of the Rippetoe cult.

If you think that squats and deadlifs build big arms you are part of the Rippetoe cult
I liked these gems. I've ran into d-bags on various forums that will argue these three things with you until they are blue in the face. To them these are written in stone tablets handed down by god.
Examples:
OP: What is a good routine for beginners
Level Headed Posters: there are are a few options....(goes on to list some reasonable options)
Rippetoe Cult: No. You are wrong LHP!! There is only starting strength, nothing else is good nothing, nothing!!!!!!!! Don't argue with me, I read starting strength once!!!!!!

OP: What should I do for bigger biceps?
Level Headed Poster: You should try doing 6-9 sets of a curls or curls variants a week..(goes on to give more explanation)
Rippetoe Cult: You should squat!! Squats build big biceps!! Curls are for pussies!!!!!!!!

Having said that, there is a lot of BS on this list. Some of the stuff posted is just flat out wrong.
I'm not a Rippetoe fanboy, but I do believe his exercise explanations are pretty top notch.

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.

Last edited by BigJosh; 04-03-2012 at 11:17 PM.
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote