Chillen
Max Brawn
Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 5+ years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebigger View Post
What vitamins if any will enhance my performance as a body builder?
When thinking in terms of bodily function, the body as whole, is some of its parts. Each of these parts can have a positive and/or negative impact on the other related parts, dependent on the content of nutrition: pointing to calories, macro nutrients, micro nutrients, and other nutritional variables (keeping genetics, and other variables, equal here).

For example: does it stand to common reason that micro nutrients (such as vitamins, minerals), in which can assist in keeping organ function healthy (liver, skin, kidneys, etc) also aide in the hormonal release, vision, energy levels, and other daily functions, that we hold so dear? I think it does.

Think of it in terms of keeping your human body well lubricated in order for it to perform at its genetic potential--while you provide the application of stimulation progression that will provide the means and reason for growth and improvement.

There has been recently, some debate in some medical journals I have read, on the plausibility of vitamin absorption when taking a multivitamin. Jury is still out on this, and still in research. However, I would focus more on getting your micros through what comes naturally: simply eating. And, within your dietary contents, you learn that you are not getting the micros/minerals you need, you can take a multivitamin. In either case, taking a multivitamin certainly wouldn't hurt you. Any, excess, the kidney will get rid of.

Peace and happiness to you, and like with most things, if you want it bad enough, you have to work at it. It will not be handed to you. If you embark on weight training and want to diet......educate your path, mainly rely on yourself for your "motivation perception" and depend on no one (with very few exceptions), and you will be successful.

Have a great day.

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:

Last edited by Chillen; 04-03-2012 at 08:53 AM.
Chillen is online now   Reply With Quote