View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 09:59 PM   #82
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Cutting isn't all about cutting calories, by the way.
Well playing the Devil's advocate, if you ignore and just play guessing games the results will be hit and miss. For most people they are miss. Any precise goal must have a minimal level of precision and attention to detail.

The more precise your goal, the more precise you must be to reach that goal. If you want to get to 170 pounds and don't care about bodyfat or body composition, your diet can be much looser. If you want to be 170 pounds and 6-10% bodyfat, you're going to require a high degree of precision. There is no way of escaping this unless you are 17 with an uber metabolism.

Regarding low carb diets...it isn't a miracle approach. I use a Paleo diet for the most part and eat minimal carbs. I've gained 30 pounds this year in doing so because I haven't monitored calories.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote