Liftin' heavy
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,278, Level: 19 Points: 1,278, Level: 19 Points: 1,278, Level: 19
Activity: 61% Activity: 61% Activity: 61%

Training Exp: +9 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: ANIMAL PAK
MVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillen View Post
This statement is false. For example: look up what consumption of Alcohol does (and lets assume a very low carb type variety). Look up what type responses an individual can get when just consuming protein and no other macros.
The statement about carbs and insulin was in reference to glucose.

Protein too can be converted to glucose, but when this happens it generates ammonia, which is very toxic to the body. The ammonia then must be sent to the liver to be excreted as urea through urine during high protein turnover, often resulting in the body not being properly hydrated.

The point of the message was that a high fat diet will not result in the absorption of fat since the body has minimal glucose and insulin.

In regards to the calories and fat storage, what about butter? Butter is ONLY used for energy.

Quote:
This is generally the name tag that insulin obtains. However, Insulin is a multitasking hormone and has MANY important functions other than a storing duties. Without insulin, the cells in our bodies would not be able to process the glucose and therefore have no energy for movement, growth, repair, or other functions. Insulin is key to unlocking the door of the cell to allow the glucose to be transferred from the bloodstream into the cell. As you can see, its not only a storage hormone. Therefore Insulin assists with shuttling bodily nutrients through the cell structure within the body.
When glucose is stored, it is stored as glycogen, which is a polar molecule. Polar molecules hold excessive water at the site of nutrient exchange. If I'm not mistaken, it's 4g of water for every 1g of glycogen. This is another factor that holds to glucose/glycogen and weight gain...even if it's water weight.

I am talking specifically about a ketogenic style diet. You will consume indirect carbs pretty much regardless of what you do.

My post wasn't in reference to what and all insulin does, it was pointing out that without insulin, the body could not store fat.

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." - Philippians 4:13"
MVP is offline   Reply With Quote