View Single Post
Old 03-31-2012, 12:39 PM   #47
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP View Post
People that are sick usually lose muscle mass first due to the catabolism they bring in by not eating calories.

You would have to be in starvation mode to eat fewer calories than you expand by just sitting on the couch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP View Post
I was a prison guard for over a year at a Level 4 security institution. Let me say federal prisons have access to pools and two hours of recreation every day. Mostly all the inmates do are play basketball, lift weights and run track. They also have jobs inside the prison that require them to constantly walk up and down stairs. Inmates are pretty much constantly moving. You'd be surprised.
I think Off Road was referring to POW camps not the prison system that you're thinking of.

I agree about the catabolism of lean tissue in relation to the sick but it's brought about two-fold, due to the restricted diet and the lack of movement/exercise necessitated by some illnesses.

PS: 5kg is a she No worries though.