Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn
Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member

OR has a great point. Start with the baby steps. For instance; Go the next two weeks without ANY car stops. This would include fast food or convenience stores. If it is your parent's house, you can eat or drink it, if it is not, you don't touch it. After two weeks, set a new goal, maybe to cut grain products down to just one meal a day. How and what you eat is ALL about how you live. It is a discipline issue. If you do not have the discipline to accomplish the baby step above, you won't have the discipline to handle many other obstacles in life. I am as "outside the box" as anyone when it comes to what you can or can't eat, but whether you eat low carb or high carb, low fat or high fat, there is still the element of discipline needed to achieve your goal. Sounds harsh, but I tell my Fit for the King folks, "it is a lot easier to deal with your nutrition than it is to deal with your death." Think of it like your vacation. Determine what you want, then how you will get there, then what it will take to get it done, finally do it.

From what I am hearing you say, I would encourage you to read some of Dr. Berardi's Precision Nutrition stuff. He is big on taking the baby steps in the process of losing fat.

OBX Open August, 2014:
Squat 308 PR
Bench 176
Deadlift 402 PR
Total - 886 at 50 yrs 199.6 lbs

Shooting for a 900+ total for next meet. (see quote below)

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
bamazav is offline   Reply With Quote