Kuytrider
Max Brawn
Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 4
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Protein Powder
Kuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
People in prison camps don't stay the same weight. People who are sick don't stay the same weight. My wife, some friends, and many co-workers go on Weight Watchers with no increase in activity and lose weight. Nobody said anything about having to sit on the couch all day, but yes you could sit on the couch and lose weight if you were taking in less calories than your body functions were using up.
Totally agree. I'm of the opinion (erroneously perhaps) that exercise should be used to for health and fitness purposes first, fat loss second as an added bonus.

We all burn a certain amount of calories per day even when sedentary. There are various calculators online that show how many calories you burn based on your activity level, weight etc. but a better idea is to do an experiment for a week if possible where you record your calories and find out what your current daily caloric expenditure is. I did it and found that the calculators were out by around 200-300 calories a day.
Kuytrider is offline   Reply With Quote