Liftin' heavy
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,278, Level: 19 Points: 1,278, Level: 19 Points: 1,278, Level: 19
Activity: 61% Activity: 61% Activity: 61%

Training Exp: +8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Syntha 6
MVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
I don't want this to come off as being condescending; this is not BB.com, you are here at M&B. Real lifters, real results. I don't think back slaps, high fives or any type of encouragement are an appropriate response here. You have your head in the clouds, boldly proclaiming in many threads your opinion on subjects you have next to zero experience on. You suggest you'll be Benching 300 again in no time, that you're working toward being 185lbs because you 'used to box' at that weight. You link your qualifications under every post yet you have for the past 4 years lived on nothing but fast food and consider 60kg Squats a decent starting point.
Yes, I would be benching 300 again in no time. You don't need a fancy cutting diet to reach strength coals. That is entirely off-topic to the relative subject.

Where did I ever state that 60kg is a decent starting point for squats? I start with light weight because I leave my ego out the door and focus entirely on form.

I didn't box at 185lbs, I boxed at 155-163lbs.

Please quote a post of mine in which I gave advice on a subject I have "next to zero experience in". FYI, I stayed a lean 8% up until I was around 16 years old, then I decided I'd rather be big and strong than lean and weak.

I don't link my qualifications under every post. That is a signature. It comes with it. I link my qualifications because I am damn proud of them.

Quote:
Encouragement, help, advice, you have had all of these. What you need now and what I have given you is a distinct dose of reality. Knuckle down to your diet and training for longer than, oh I don't know, a few months perhaps. Then you will be in better position to speak from experience and perhaps make some changes. You are no more exempt to this than any beginner who has come to this forum looking for assistance, no qualifications will change that. I could rattle off the names of many lifters here who have come here and who have come to me for advice, they have done the work with a quiet drive and patience and gotten stronger for it.
Awesome.

Quote:
I don't expect this to go down particularly well with you, but I can't stand by and watch these beginner mistakes being played out and discussed in a manner which affirms and accepts what is nothing other than chronic-routine-changing and a plain inability to stick to something which is hard work.
I haven't changed my routine once since starting back to training actually. I'm not sure what "beginner" mistakes you are in reference to but please feel free to let me know what "beginner" mistakes I have made. My strength gains have actually went up pretty significantly in the 3 weeks I have been lifting. Hard work in the gym is something I put forward every time I enter, it's the diet crap I'm breaking up with.

The only thing I have changed SINCE I have started back training is the diet and weight loss thing. I'm primarily looking for a state of conditioning, endurance, and strength. Yes, I did want to be leaner, but considering I have much bigger apples frying right now being laid off with a baby on the way, I figure cutting out a diet is the least of my worries.

Quote:
dude. that is just a long list of excuses...
you either do what you need to, or you dont.

I've seen grandmothers who have given birth to up to 6 children lean enough to compete in figure. I've seen dudes that do nothing but travel and are BEASTS without being fat. the list goes on.

i myself have overcome some ridiculous odds, too. much more than simply changing my lifestyle habits.

The bottom line is this. you are willing to do the work and sacrifice what you know you have to for your health, or you dont. But there arent any shortcuts or loopholes. So stop trying to find one, or make one.
Cutting, being lean, a diet are all entirely goal related. If I switched my goals to get stronger and continuing to be a fat bastard it would suddenly be alright? Hundreds of lifters go without caring about their bodyfat% and continue to make gains and lift weights regularly. Why all of a sudden is it so essential? What would be wrong with just continuing to build strength and endurance, add some cardio in and continue training like that?

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." - Philippians 4:13"

Last edited by MVP; 03-31-2012 at 10:54 AM.
MVP is offline   Reply With Quote