View Single Post
Old 03-31-2012, 10:41 AM   #21
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP View Post
If I would incorporate the HIIT, it would probably only be for a few short seconds at a time. Right now my resting heart rate is 109 and my hypertension is pretty high as well. My heart is basically equivalent to an old mans at the moment.

That's my point, a few short seconds at your max or near max is all that counts; though, I do understand about the high resting pulse rate...so, it may well be wiser for you to stick with MIT as the highest level for a few weeks.

I heard running is easier adaptive to the body than resistance training, how do you personally feel about this analogy?

Not sure I would agree with that; we lift things all the time, weightlifting aside, so the body is primed to do so anyway. I feel we adapt easily to anything that we are consistent with, once consistency goes out the window adaptation ceases...if we haven't done something for a while, it takes a while for the body to get back into the swing but for something that we have continued with the body has adapted well to and finds it an easy task. The body is great at becoming efficient at what we throw at it; for example, a freediver may increase their time under water but may have the exact same size lungs as they had at a previous shorter time under water, but it's because the body has become efficient at using oxygen through practice sessions...likewise a very young child staggers about and uses no end of energy just for walking until the child becomes efficient at walking which he/she does by continuation of the habit.

Answers in blue, above.