tank
Max Brawn
Points: 5,446, Level: 47 Points: 5,446, Level: 47 Points: 5,446, Level: 47
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Exp: Rookie
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Food
tank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributor

alright, this is what the latest template looks like... i know it seems like a lot of changes, but they're really minor and just refinements. The full Snatches and Clean and Jerks are used once confidence in the lifts has been established. As of last night I've established confidence in the Snatch.

Session A
Snatch
Clean and Jerk
Front Squat
Pendlay Rows
Push Press

Session B
Snatch
Clean and Jerk
Overhead Squat
Bench Press
Chins

Once the weight has increased to an estimated 80% or so I will worry about periodizing intensities. until then it's all about getting in the repetitions with light weights, slowly increasing the weight, in order to polish technique.

I'm going to train 2 days on, 1 day off. Doing so, I will have to periodize the Squats, Presses, and Rows to some extent to avoid "overtraining". I'm going to start the weights very light, even on these lifts and increase the weight very little each session until periodizing their intensities becomes necessary, at which point I plan to implement a HH/LL/MM sort of system.

This is all down the road, but what combination of Heavy/Medium/Light seems most advantageous? Should I stay away from training these lifts in the "heavy" range completely? Should I focus on one of these ranges only while my priority is the main lifts? Thanks in advance.

In addition, I've figured out, on paper at least, how I'll work through the Clean and Jerk tonight. Here it is with the Snatch process that worked so well last night.

Snatch Segmented
From catch- Overhead Squat (Snatch grip)
From turnover- Hang Snatch on bars + Overhead Squat (Snatch grip)
From power position- Hang Snatch + Overhead Squat (Snatch grip)
From floor - Snatch

Clean and Jerk Segmented
From rack position - Split/Push Jerk
From catch position - Front Squat + Split/Push Jerk
From turnover position - Hang Clean on bars + Front Squat + Split/Push Jerk
From power position - Hang Clean + Front Squat + Split/Push Jerk
From floor - Clean and Jerk

This leads me to another question. Which jerk should I train and why? What are the advantages and reasons for each? Thanks again!

20 JAN 12 at 200 (90) BW - 385/275/405 (175/125/184) SQ/B/D

29 MAY 12 at 206 (93) BW - 135/175 (61/79) SN/CJ

Last edited by tank; 03-31-2012 at 09:47 AM.
tank is offline   Reply With Quote