Rich Knapp
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn
Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: > 13 years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: AAEFX's whole line.
Rich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillen View Post
If you drop your calories in a cut (especially in the range in which you specify:1400c), and your pointing most of focus within the limited calories toward Protein (Fat), and when you were running MT (+) and normal macros for a considerable dietary trend prior--to the cut, than the water loss is to be expected when carbohydrates drop some in a deficit.

A considerable drop in carbohydrate consumption (alone) can cause water loss and when you add in weight training which is predisposed (under these really new and early conditions) to using carbohydrate pathways for fuel (especially from storage from liver, etc, when personal dietary consumption is low), this just add in the overall equation for water loss. Pretty basic. Like wise, the lower the target deficit, the more difficult it is to consume the macros one needs in a cut. Most experienced dieters, point to Protein and fats, in severe deficit dieting situations (which I consider anything under 1200 calories--pointing to averages), which in turn creates a carbohydrate shortage, and forces to the body to reduce/deplete glucose storage, which reduces water retention in the short term, and in some cases long term....personally dependent.
Well sead BUT I was looking at a more lame-ands terms for the less scientific people. lol Carbs drop, no carbs to hold the water.

I'm running 1430 Cals (give or take 10 cals the picked foods), a 50% Pro (190g), 30% Carb (114g), 20% fat (34g) ratio. NO Cardio at all.
I was going to do carb cycling but going to do a re-feed day cycle instead.
Yes people don't realize just with the foods you pick your macro's can change up to 10 grams for the same Calorie count. This is why I personally feel tracking macro's is more accurate than counting Cals.

Last edited by Rich Knapp; 03-30-2012 at 08:27 AM.
Rich Knapp is offline   Reply With Quote