View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 03:29 AM   #17
tank
Max Brawn

Training Exp: Rookie
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Food
tank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartigus View Post
I found the same thing in my Oly lifting classes. The only reason I can think of is that snatch is lighter than clean and jerk, so it puts less stress on your body as a whole? Also I think snatch is before clean and jerk in the comps. I will ask the coaches tomorrow when I am there and report back on their answer.
thanks spart, that would be awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin.j.taylor View Post
Its done that way due to snatch being such a technical lift. Cleans are also technical, but to a lesser degree than snatch is. Technique is everything in Oly lifting, which is why the lifts are done so frequently.
thanks austin. i read that's also why the lifts are done in that order in comps, because if a lifter misses the more technical snatch, he's disqualified from attempting the less technical clean and jerk that follows.

20 JAN 12 at 200 (90) BW - 385/275/405 (175/125/184) SQ/B/D

29 MAY 12 at 206 (93) BW - 135/175 (61/79) SN/CJ
tank is offline   Reply With Quote