Spartigus
Max Brawn
Points: 3,966, Level: 40 Points: 3,966, Level: 40 Points: 3,966, Level: 40
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: 4 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Squat & Quick Lifts
Fav Supp: Milk
Spartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tank View Post
most of the programming i've been sifting through has snatches done before cleans every training day. is there a reason for the order? are there benefits of training one before the other of which i'm not aware? thanks all.
I found the same thing in my Oly lifting classes. The only reason I can think of is that snatch is lighter than clean and jerk, so it puts less stress on your body as a whole? Also I think snatch is before clean and jerk in the comps. I will ask the coaches tomorrow when I am there and report back on their answer.

"When in doubt, just get really, really strong. It tends to cure most problems in training and life." - Wendler
Spartigus is offline   Reply With Quote