View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 04:38 PM   #21
tank
Max Brawn

Training Exp: Rookie
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Food
tank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributor
Lightbulb The plan, refined.

Okay, here are the changes. Here's the structure: it's A and B days, alternating, with a day off between.

Session A

Snatch
Clean variation
Jerk variation
Front Squat
Pendlay Rows

Session B

Snatch variation
Clean and Jerk
Overhead Squat
Bench Press
Chins

I'll decide what variations to use based on the way my body feels, what particular portion of technique needs work, and what body parts may need rest.

I'll alternate Front and Overhead squats until I achieve balance between them and my Back Squats. I have NEVER trained Front or Overhead Squats, so Back Squats, by necessity, will be neglected for a little while.

I'll alternate Bench Press and Pendlay Rows for horizontal-plane press balance.

I'll use Chins to fill in a blank on session B with a necessary balance for vertical-plane presses. (The other side getting plenty of attention with all the jerk and overhead work.)

I'll work in the double and triple rep range for Snatch and variations and Clean and Jerk and its variants. Using 5 or more, I will determine the number of sets on a daily basis.

I'll work squats in 3 sets of 5 reps.

I'll work bench press and rows in 3 sets of 10 reps.

I'll work chins in 3 sets as many reps as possible.

I'll finish all session with jump-rope and eventually I will work in abs at the end, once I become more comfortable with the program.

20 JAN 12 at 200 (90) BW - 385/275/405 (175/125/184) SQ/B/D

29 MAY 12 at 206 (93) BW - 135/175 (61/79) SN/CJ

Last edited by tank; 03-29-2012 at 04:44 PM.
tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links