tank
Max Brawn
Points: 5,446, Level: 47 Points: 5,446, Level: 47 Points: 5,446, Level: 47
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Exp: Rookie
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Food
tank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post
Yeah. barbell on your back is fine, just be careful with it jumping up and hitting your vertebrae! You can also do it with a trap bar instead if you have one kicking around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
Tank, do you have things of different heights to jump to? Stacking stepup thingys or whatever? You know do 20 jumps onto something 20 inches high, then move up to 20 jumps onto something 22 inches high, etc. etc.

I think you need something measurable as it's too easy to slack off when you're just saying "max effort" jump. Today, my "max effort" jump would mean some leprechaun would have had to work damn hard to slip a dime under my feet, but other days, well I actually jump for real. Just saying.

Also, on jump squats make sure your shoulder blades are back tight and bar is on your traps/muscle, not on bone! That would do you a mischief!

And don't listen to Fazc! He's a powerlifting snob! HA HA

I'd love to see how this transition goes for you. Seriously, power moves help you get the bar moving fast, helps you gain growth in the fast muscle fibers, which are bigger and grow easier. Hypothetically, this will raise all your lifts and I believe that. That's why I'm including them in my next routine.

Only downside is that olympic moves are damn hard on your joints, especially if you're not all that flexible. Work on flexibility more than weight at first! You won't make much progress if you're always nursing a bad wrist or elbow or shoulder or whatever.

My .02
thanks guys. i'll be sure to have a tight, meaty rack for the bar to rest on. that's a good idea to measure the vertical jump. i'll have to figure something out like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartigus View Post
BTNP with a snatch grip might be too hard on the shoulders, I did it standing and I was fine. But you could do it as a push press?

The push jerk as Fazc says has a double knee dip. First dip is like a push press, then the 2nd one is where you "catch" the bar as you dip under it.

With the BTNP press + overhead squat, did you mean the snatch balance?

i did the BTNP w/ snatch grip standing with surprising comfort and figured out the push jerk thanks to you guys. thanks for the video, i'll remember that when it comes time. thanks spart!

20 JAN 12 at 200 (90) BW - 385/275/405 (175/125/184) SQ/B/D

29 MAY 12 at 206 (93) BW - 135/175 (61/79) SN/CJ
tank is offline   Reply With Quote