MikeM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

Tank, do you have things of different heights to jump to? Stacking stepup thingys or whatever? You know do 20 jumps onto something 20 inches high, then move up to 20 jumps onto something 22 inches high, etc. etc.

I think you need something measurable as it's too easy to slack off when you're just saying "max effort" jump. Today, my "max effort" jump would mean some leprechaun would have had to work damn hard to slip a dime under my feet, but other days, well I actually jump for real. Just saying.

Also, on jump squats make sure your shoulder blades are back tight and bar is on your traps/muscle, not on bone! That would do you a mischief!

And don't listen to Fazc! He's a powerlifting snob! HA HA

I'd love to see how this transition goes for you. Seriously, power moves help you get the bar moving fast, helps you gain growth in the fast muscle fibers, which are bigger and grow easier. Hypothetically, this will raise all your lifts and I believe that. That's why I'm including them in my next routine.

Only downside is that olympic moves are damn hard on your joints, especially if you're not all that flexible. Work on flexibility more than weight at first! You won't make much progress if you're always nursing a bad wrist or elbow or shoulder or whatever.

My .02

Best meet lifts: Sq 150 Kg (330 lb), Bench 120 Kg (264), DL 160 (352) @89 Kg (197)
Best gym lifts: Sq 375, Bench 280 (pause), DL 385 @205 or less
Goals: 3/4/5
Goals beyond my wildest dreams, 600 Kg raw total, 200/160/240

Hack away at anything which isn't essential. Do what you love, and do it often. Fazc.

Everything competes for recovery so more assistance is not always the best idea. miked96
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote