View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 04:35 PM   #5
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by titus_teen View Post
Does it matter if I do cardio on an empty stomach or not? I have heard you need to eat before hand but then a pal told me only do not eat if you are trying to lose weight.
Gentle cardio (LIT) on an empty stomach is fine; intense cardio (HIIT) on an empty stomach can leave you recovering for hours in addition to affecting the amount of intensity you can apply to the session due to not having the energy reserves for the higher intensity.

The study that was done on fasted cardio, in the mornings, was done on very overweight and out of shape people that had a lot of bodyfat to lose which doesn't mean it equates well to those that do not fall in to that particular category...that's something to bear in mind.

If I'm doing an intense session, I eat; it doesn't affect weight loss negatively, the overall calories versus the overall energy output of the body, over the course of the week, is what affects weight loss one way or the other.