View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 02:13 PM   #14
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
I can see what you mean...to a point.

But just because somebody isn't a real physical specimen doesn't mean they are full of crap. There are tons of guys in the lifing world that look like crap but are brilliant at training others. Likewise, there are tons of guys that look good or lift big numbers that couldn't train anybody with their methods.

Example: Dr Ken Liestner doesn't look much like anything (off the juice) but can train the crap out of people.Stuart McRobert is reclusive, but I'd bet money doen't look all that special. But Stuart's books have helped a ton of guys get started down the right path. Rippetoe never struck me as guy that's went far beyond average strength and build, butpeople pay big bucks for his courses and seminars.
I think we're all on the same sheet of paper here. We respect Rippetoe and Liestner because they have established track records and time with the iron.

On the other hand we have an 18 year old kid mocking bodybuilders on Facebook, calling people steroid users, and turning every jot and tittle into a black and white debate while there is no evidence he has ever lifted.

I don't think any of us want to throw out the baby with the bathwater. We respect good information and intelligent discussions. There's a much deeper level here with how much of a know-it-all smartass this kid is.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote