Thread: Heart attacks
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 07:14 PM   #4
Transformed
Brawn
Points: 452, Level: 9 Points: 452, Level: 9 Points: 452, Level: 9
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Transformed is off to a good startTransformed is off to a good startTransformed is off to a good start

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
Hubby:

1. If you smoke, stop. Check
2. Exercise on a regular basis. Check
3. Keep your stress in check. Check
4. Check your blood pressure and know the numbers. Check (absolutely fine every time, bang on the numbers, until the VERY last check was done...bam, too late).

He still suffered a heart attack; things just are not as simple as they are made out to be and there's a lot more to heart attacks and other conditions than simply adhering to principles which we are encouraged to believe will help prevent some disease when they won't.

I know people who smoke heavily, do no exercise, have no clue as to their blood pressure, lead stressful lives and still live to a ripe old age with no major medical issues. Go figure!

Of course, it doesn't do any harm to try and stay healthy but it's never a guarantee nor is it necessarily preventative.
I hear you. My dad was super healthy and had a heart attack. Never smoked or drank and checked on bp all the time. His brother drinks all the time, smokes like a chimney, and does not care about his health. And yet he has no problems at all.
Transformed is offline   Reply With Quote