Originally Posted by MSmith
Here are 4 steps you can take to help protect yourself a bit from a heart attack.
1. If you smoke, stop.
2. Exercise on a regular basis.
3. Keep your stress in check.
4. Check your blood pressure and know the numbers.
1. If you smoke, stop. Check
2. Exercise on a regular basis. Check
3. Keep your stress in check. Check
4. Check your blood pressure and know the numbers. Check
(absolutely fine every time, bang on the numbers, until the VERY last check was done...bam, too late).
He still suffered a heart attack; things just are not as simple as they are made out to be and there's a lot more to heart attacks and other conditions than simply adhering to principles which we are encouraged to believe will help prevent some disease when they won't.
I know people who smoke heavily, do no exercise, have no clue as to their blood pressure, lead stressful lives and still live to a ripe old age with no major medical issues. Go figure!
Of course, it doesn't do any harm to try and stay healthy but it's never a guarantee nor is it necessarily preventative.