View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 09:19 AM   #11
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP View Post
So when push comes to shove go with regular soda? Does coke zero have the artificial sweeteners in it too? I'm assuming it probably does since it doesn't have any sugars....
Yep, that's what I do, in fairness though, I now have the 150ml cans not the 330ml ones. In the instances where I want a fizzy drink, I go with the regular full sugar, though if it had HCFS in it, I would be avoiding it like the plague.

It's picking the lesser of the two evils. I think Coke Zero is just another name for sugar-free and probably does have sweeteners, as you surmise; I tried it once and didn't think much to it.

I generally use it as a pick-me-up when needed or when I have a hellish migraine, I'll sip on one just for the energy, it helps.

There is a use for diet coke, however; I once read on a health forum where an American had an issue with swallowing and ended up in A&E quite often to have meat removed from the throat...but his insurance went down and down and eventually he couldn't afford to have a lump removed and just had to sit and wait it out...well, he found out, via someone else on the forum, that a good few mouthfuls of diet coke disintergrated the wedged food and he hasn't looked back since...he also wishes he'd been informed way back as it would have saved him a fortune in medical bills. Apparently the regular stuff won't work that way and it has to be diet coke/soda. Interesting!