View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 11:47 PM   #525
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
I think that mentality and that dichotomy is something I struggle with as well. For me the singles offer something which multiple sets/reps perhaps don't; exercise form.

I know, I should be able to do that on the sets/reps as well and more chances to do so but for whatever reason it's not the same. Perhaps it's because of fatigue or that a rep in between others isn't the same as a rep on it's own. I don't know!!!
Well I am the same way. It's harder to put all my focus into perfect form on a set of multiple reps. I am focusing on form, no doubt, but I also have to concentrate on other things like...am I going to hit failure, why did my hamstring quiver, and is it going to be ok on the next rep, etc.

Thinking about singles, and how much is needed, I wonder if the question is more:

How many minimum do I need each week to practice my form as opposed to the question...what is the bare minimum I need for progression?

I fear doing only 3 max singles each week can be too little simple from a form standpoint. Merely speculation, but a good question.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote