Kuytrider
Max Brawn
Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 4
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Protein Powder
Kuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_swede View Post
Great session kuyt
Thanks mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Could be a minor tear. I was able to OHP with a shoulder tear, but was not able to bench. Just take ti day by day and it should heal.

I like a slightly wider stance than what you use for squats. I do mine similar to a squat in that I try to push my hips back and down a bit. I personally see not point in keeping the hips high and legs straight. Both the deadlift and squat involve raising and lowering of the hips, so I want the good morning to be closer to this, while being more lower back focused.

Good Mornings Buffalo Bar - YouTube

This video might be more helpful:

30May09 Good Morning 225 lbs x8+3+3+2+2 Myo-Reps style - YouTube

Do NOT do these:

Bodybuilding Exercises : Bodybuilding: Good Morning Exercise - YouTube
Thanks Steve. I recorded one set of GM's from 2-3 weeks back and it is not too dissimilar to these videos in technique. I will record it again next week for my purposes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
Sounds like a bad technique day, I hate those. Still, you got the work done and I bet you'll find your groove next time.
Thanks mate. Technique was off for almost all the session until the last 2-3 singles when I finally got some sort of flow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanK91 View Post
Very true point!

Strill a very strong session Kuyt!

It may be worth getting the shoulder checked out properly if the pain persists or else it may set you back for a long time further down the line
Thanks Jordan. I have to ramp up the intensity to keep pace with young lions like yourself
Kuytrider is offline   Reply With Quote