View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 12:11 PM   #667
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
I'm no expert on biology so I couldn't say for sure though the pain only manifests itself when pressing from the chest. Pressing from the ear a la dumbbell presses causes no pain at all. So it's the first few inches from the chest only. Doesn't seem to affect any other lift either: Benches Shrugs chins are all unaffected pain wise. I had a similar issue a couple of years ago and it took 6 weeks to heal properly. Difference was, that injury affected a lot of my lifts.
Could be a minor tear. I was able to OHP with a shoulder tear, but was not able to bench. Just take ti day by day and it should heal.

Quote:
May have to watch some MAB's beasts do heavy GM's to make sure I am getting it right.
I like a slightly wider stance than what you use for squats. I do mine similar to a squat in that I try to push my hips back and down a bit. I personally see not point in keeping the hips high and legs straight. Both the deadlift and squat involve raising and lowering of the hips, so I want the good morning to be closer to this, while being more lower back focused.

This video might be more helpful:

Do NOT do these:

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote