Liftin' heavy
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,278, Level: 19 Points: 1,278, Level: 19 Points: 1,278, Level: 19
Activity: 61% Activity: 61% Activity: 61%

Training Exp: +8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Syntha 6
MVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributor
Default Hooks vs. straps

I don't know if I've mentioned it or not already, but I used to be an amateur boxer back in high school and college (3 years). I ended up with what they call a boxers fracture (broken metacarpals and stuff) from a brawl I had outside of the ring.

Today, my hand still kills me. My broken hand is actually one of the reasons I was medically discharged from the Army. My other hand is also messed up because I had a ganglion cyst removed from it when I was 14 and there is still a big scar there and it's sensitive.

I took the cast off when I had the boxers fracture after about 4 days (I was supposed to keep it on for 2 weeks) but I just couldn't stand it being on. I took the cast off early and it never recuperated. I know it was a dumb decision, but I hated that cast. I took it off and now I have to go the rest of my life with fracture pains or get surgery.

Here lately, it's been aggravating me in my sleep and extreme pain. I compete in archery, and it even hurts when I shoot my bow. I can deadlift with my hands up until about 245lbs then it starts really hurting. I have a set of hooks from Golds Gym I bought from WalMart a few years ago. Would I be better off using hooks or straps? The hooks kind of feel weird, but I've never used straps before. Is there a reason hooks aren't as particularly popular?

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." - Philippians 4:13"
MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links