Kuytrider
Max Brawn
Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 4
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Protein Powder
Kuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
McRobert takes a beating because of the way he presented his information. Too many people took the message too far. People rant and rave about how terrible Hardgainer is with all it's talk of overtraining and genetics, but then they swear that Wendler's 5/3/1 is awesome; Really, where's the difference? Except for 12 week cycles compared to 4 week cycles, there really is NO difference between the two systems.

90% of the information being passed along, and the routines being recommended [on this forum] could be taken directly from Brawn. And I would never utter McRobert's name in the same sentence as Mentzer's; They are light-years apart.

Sorry for getting on a soap box, I'm just a big fan of McRobert and I get my panties in a bunch when I see people running him down without any validity to their arguements.
No Problem OR. I misread a quote attributed to Stuart. I took some time last night to (fully) read some interviews with him and he does speak sense. Most gym rats who see little progress could do a helluva lot worse (and probably not much better) than listen to his advice. And the day I reach his initial 300-400-500 goal will be a celebratory one

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJosh View Post
Very good discussion in here.
I will pipe in by saying that I am currently taking 2 weeks off from any movements that require my lower back to bare a load. The reason being that heavy front squats, back squats and RDLs one day and deadlifts, pendlay rows, and heavy shrugs another day, along with OHP on a completely other day has brought me to the point where my spinae erector is completely fatigued.
This isn't an injury, necessarily. And my performance on my deadlift as decreased significantly.
I would say, my lower back or spinae erector is either under recovered or over trained.

My point here is that overtraining does exist in one form or another.

However I agree with you guys when you say the term over training is often misused and over used in the forums.
That's a good plan Josh. What's 2 weeks in the course of a long time lifting? Hopefully it will help you kick arse in the near and distant future.

Last edited by Kuytrider; 03-23-2012 at 05:00 AM.
Kuytrider is offline   Reply With Quote