View Single Post
Old 03-22-2012, 07:43 PM   #15
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuytrider View Post

*Incidentally, I recently read that McRobert thinks a 300 bench, 400 squat and 500 dead is almost the maximum limit for a 'hardgainer'.
Off Road commented on this, but McRobert actually stated those are reasonable goals.

The "Hardgainer" title aside, most of us are far more McRobert than we are Weider. McRobert was for simplicity, basic exercises, progression, etc. for the average Joe. I think for 99% of the lifting community, meaning guys who have no interest in reaching advanced bodybuilding or powerlifting stages, McRobert provides very reasonable solutions.

I think we all know that the average forum member hasn't made any real progress, isn't focused on progression, isn't focused on the big lifts, etc. Most of my programs for men this level are pretty much in the same flavor as McRobert.

Things are changing rapidly on the Internet, but for the most part the average Joe still thinks a 5 day split with 82 exercises per day is the way to go.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote