View Single Post
Old 03-22-2012, 12:43 PM   #522
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
Just to play Devil's Advocate, what could be more optimal than hitting the lifts in the exact manner you wish to display strength in them i.e, for singles?
Point taken.

I guess in only hitting 3-4 max lifts per week in squats I feel mentally underworked. I've been asking myself, is this enough? Can it be enough?

The result of the progress answers the question...is it enough? It has been enough. Sometimes I feel I should be doing more, but I guess it comes down to...why do more if I am healing and hitting PRs?

I know this is pretty much all Aita did each day, though more frequently than me. He's also half my age and prettier.

Quote:
Excellent, can you see yourself using a 4x a week frequency in the future?
I really can on bench and squats. Easy. Bench I rarely see a short circuit caused by benching. Most times if I feel wobbly under the bench it was from a max squat session. When I say max, I mean a new squat PR.

When I max squat my CNS crumbles for 3-4 days. Everything feels re-wired. I get shaky and everything feels unbelievably heavy - not just squats. All lifts.

If I stay below 95% I think I could bench and squat 6x a week if I wanted to, if done wisely. The question for me is all about programming...when to add them, and how to add them. Part of the solution will require me to lift earlier in the day so I am not rushed. This isn't an issue. I just need to get in the habit.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote