Perservere
Max Brawn
Points: 6,485, Level: 52 Points: 6,485, Level: 52 Points: 6,485, Level: 52
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 4 serious years, 1 meet
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Water
ONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruteforce View Post
Pull up your pants. Its difficult to fight ninjas riding in on polar bears if your pants keep falling off.
I cannot take someone seriously if they cannot wear pants properly. It baffles me that they find it comfortable, let alone not realize what message they're sending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
I have a crazy theory about the decline of "manliness" in our culture. But I'll keep it to myself since it's pretty "out there" and not at all P.C.
Lemme guess... Is it feminism?
Quote:
Originally Posted by big_swede View Post
Actually, today i overhead pressed my roommate for a triple and said to him that anyone below 90kgs is a woman.. (hes about 80kg) just our way of joking but got that in mind when reading this
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...85935633_n.jpg
HERC410 and I were just talking about this picture someone posted on facebook. I'd like to be able to overhead press someone weighing 250 lbs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
I have taught my kids that manhood starts with +200 lbs and an XXL t-shirt
When under 6 foot and 15% bf?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruteforce View Post
There are always exceptions, and obviously its a rant and not scientific fact, but there are just too many boys running around in their sister's jeans to not take a stand for the man-bear.
Try this.
Thawe's Theorem #1
Make a circle with your middle fingers and and thumbs touching. Your calves, upper arms and neck should be at or greater than that measurement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by miked96 View Post
Great post and I couldnt agree more. I grew up with Rambo, Arnold in "Conan" and "Commando", the road warriors,the Powers of Pain (pic below) etc. I started lifting in 7th grade and all I wanted was to get bigger and stronger.
Now you have these twinky "Twilight" werewolves and Brad Pitt is supposedly the epitome of manliness. All people want to talk about is dieting to see there abs when they have no muscle mass in the first place. Unless your a leprechaun, 135 pounds is not impressive, abs or not! Build the house before you paint it! Thanks for starting this thread.
To be honest, ignoring the over-rated physique, Brad Pitt is a pretty impressive in terms of what he does.
"Choose to not to be a product of your environment, but rather a product of your desires."Kroc
Comp Lifts(lb/kg): Squat: 385/175 Bench: 231/105 Deadlift: 463/210 Best Lifts: Squat: 395/180 Bench: 250/113 Deadlift: 475/215
ONpump17 is offline   Reply With Quote