Old 03-22-2012, 11:44 AM   #12
JacktheThriller
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,833, Level: 25 Points: 1,833, Level: 25 Points: 1,833, Level: 25
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 5 years consistent
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Fish Oil
JacktheThriller is a dedicated contributorJacktheThriller is a dedicated contributorJacktheThriller is a dedicated contributorJacktheThriller is a dedicated contributorJacktheThriller is a dedicated contributorJacktheThriller is a dedicated contributorJacktheThriller is a dedicated contributorJacktheThriller is a dedicated contributorJacktheThriller is a dedicated contributorJacktheThriller is a dedicated contributorJacktheThriller is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventySeven View Post
I have stumbled on a war on going between several parties in BBing. The Hodge Twins, Lobliner, No Bullshit bodybuilding( Ian Mcarthy) and others. I am going to bring up things that Ian claims and get your opinions.

1. Eating immediatley Post workout is bull. Stated, you never come close to depleting your glycogen therefore you dont need carbs PWO, you cant spike your insulin to be anabolic only anti catabolic unless injected. As long as you have Protein within 24 hours your good to go.

2. Glycemic Index in Bull

3. Carb is a Carb( IIFYM)- He claims no matter what a carb source is a carb source, whether its a poptart or a yam its the same thing. He eats grass fed beef, so if a carb is a carb wouldnt that apply to the other macronutrients?

4.BCAA's are bull Saying there effect is grossly exaggerated and was over hyped by Lobliner to make money.

theres a few to get the ball rolling
1. Eating post workout isn't about replenishing glycogen its about capitalizing on a known window of greater protein synthesis. Protein taken in after a workout (up to and hour) is better utilized in muscles.

2. Glycemic index is a measure of a foods effect on blood sugar. Not sure how this qualifies as bull.

3. Carbs my be carbs when broken down into glucose. Lets think this through a candy bar has almost no vitamins and minerals. You cannot tell me eating a vegetable salad is not better for the body than a candy bar get real.

4.The effect is hyped, yes. Certain aminos specifically leucine has shown some great effects in protein synthesis when taken post workout.

*** All supplements are hyped to sell. If your going to pay $60 for a product you should spend 5 mins on google scholar and see if there is any research with it working as claimed in HUMANS.
JacktheThriller is offline   Reply With Quote