View Single Post
Old 03-22-2012, 11:38 AM   #11
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I think there is a gap here that some people forget. Real bodybuilding is war. By "real" I mean going through the intense cutting battles that Rich and Emeka have to deal with.

To build muscle you really don't need much. Food, heavy weights, dedication, etc. Keeping that muscle while cutting is an art form. Go to a local show and see how few bodybuilders are ripped to shreds. It's not easy. Not at all.

Those that master the art need every tool available, and often find that "x" works even though it is run down on forums. For example, many natural bodybuilders I know use a legal fat burner. (not all, but many) Yet you will find wave after wave of forum posts laughing at people who use fat burners.

Point here being competition level bodybuilding is all about precision. Lobliner is battling it out with guys who don't compete because they are on different sides of the fence. Lobliner knows precision. Dude is ripped! I've seen him in person.

But on the other side are guys that have built muscle, but have never went through what Lobliner goes through. They didn't need BCAAs or anything else to build "some" muscle, so they position Lobliner as a shill.

I think we need to filter these debates through the proper lens. Most anyone can build muscle without using rocket surgery. Very few can get insanely shredded while keeping that muscle. Most fail to get shredded, or they lose too much muscle.

A lot of industry debates are like this. Some (not all, not many, some) advanced lifters seeing things required for advanced lifters, but that may not be required for average people who don't want to be bodybuilders, and beginners thinking all beginner principles apply forever and ever to all lifters at all levels and goals.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 03-22-2012 at 11:51 AM.
BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links