View Single Post
Old 03-22-2012, 08:59 AM   #520
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Since Fazc has updated, sharing a minor update myself.

5 months into this program. My raw totals are up nearly 200 pounds during this time.

Recently I fell into a pattern of only working to a heavy single or double on most squat and deadlift days. While this is not optimal, I found it allowed me to heal several minor strains, and will return to using method this when I pick up a strain or pain. My numbers still appear to be going up, even with this minimal volume. I have hit PRs during this time, including a huge squat PR.

I am currently squatting heavy 3x a week, working to a max set for that day. Some days it's a max double, some days a single, some days are merely survival mode. Bench I have been hitting heavy 2-3x a week, and deadlifts have been 3x a week but using:

Day 1 - Heavy deads
Day 2 - Rack pull and shrug
Day 3 - RDLs

At my first meet 5 months ago I hit a 1501 raw total. At minimum in April I expect a 1650 total, though 1700 is a possibility.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote