Originally Posted by BendtheBar
Someone asked me this:
Has anyone ever heard of an allergy like this? I'm wondering if this is real life, or if someone's yanking my chain...
Nope, it's very true, people can have allergies to anything. I am allergic to fresh pineapple due to the acid, it makes my mouth burn...thankfully not a serious allergy but I avoid the fruit. Hubby has issues with Galileo melon, one small cube of it gives him a hangover like headache.
If either of us had more of those fruits, or exposed ourselves to them, they could turn more serious, more so for me since it affects my mouth.