View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 07:33 PM   #22
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
If you want a full body workout for conditioning, you have the answer right on this site. I've used it in the past and I've recommended it many times. Instead of doing 1 set of 12 reps, you can do the first 4 exercises as a complex, then the next 4 as another complex, and use the last 4 as high rep finishers.

York Course #4

Warm-up…Light Power Snatch
1. Barbell Curls
2. Standing Behind Neck Barbell Presses
3. Upright Rowing
4. Standing Barbell Side Bend
5. Barbell Clean and Press
6. High Pulls (Clean or Snatch Grip)
7. Deep Knee Bend and Press Behind Neck
8. Power Snatches
9. Standing Barbell Press
10. Barbell Bent-Over Row
11. Deadlift
12. Squats
I'm actually thinking about using the big lifts as finishers. This has worked well for me in the past. Mentally I deal with it better, knockign everything out quickly, then doing the big moves.

As far as conditioning, my goal with the volume week was to work on not just conditioning but also to get volume work in...to help rebuild my work capacity, which has diminished. I also want to work on hypertrophy and regain strength in some weak areas, if that makes sense. I want muscle and strength, and to not get tired after one rep

I do like the idea of doing a circuit/complex with a few lifts.

You guys are giving me a lot to think about.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote