03-16-2012, 01:35 PM
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Appleton, WI
Training Exp: > 13 years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: AAEFX's whole line.
Natural Bodybuilding Alliance
Natural Bodybuilding Alliance launches today
Jim Evans with the Natural Bodybuilding Examiner
The Natural Bodybuilding Alliance (NBA) borne of last months historic Natural Bodybuilding Summit in Dublin, California - announced its official commencement today March 1, 2012 bringing together some of the largest and most prestigious natural bodybuilding organizations in the world in a cooperative effort to work together for the future of natural bodybuilding.
Among the NBA members include the Organization of Competitive Bodybuilders (OCB), the North American Natural Bodybuilding Federation (NANBF), the International Fitness & Physique Association (IFPA), the Amateur Bodybuilding Association (ABA), the International Natural Bodybuilding Association (INBA), the Professional Natural Bodybuilding Association (PNBA), and the FAME World Tour.
Effective today, NBA members will:
1. Accept athletes from other NBA member organizations to compete in their bodybuilding, figure, bikini, and fitness contests without discrimination, subject to their payment of their respective membership fees, contest entry fees, drug testing fees, and other fees applicable to contest entry.
2. Accept athletes from other NBA member organizations to compete on the same amateur or professional level in their contests for which they have already qualified with another NBA member organization without having to requalify ( with the exception of certain professional events which might require additional qualification). However, those athletes who qualify as professionals in one NBA member organization must compete in at least one professional competition in the NBA member organization in which they qualified before they will be accepted as a professional in another NBA member organization contest.
3. Allow athletes from other NBA member organizations to compete in their contests without penalty or restriction except as noted above.
4. Continue to adhere to their own individual banned substance list for the time being with ongoing discussions regarding a common banned substance. With few exceptions, the banned substance lists for all NBA member organizations are virtually the same anyway.
5. Adhere to a suspension period of 7 years to life depending on the organization - for those athletes who fail to pass a drug test in any of their contests and prohibit any athlete who has been banned by another NBA member organization from entering their contests until and unless such ban has been satisfied. A lesser suspension (ban) may apply to certain drugs (e.g. ephedra, diuretics, etc.) by some NBA member organizations but not all and a suspension, however long and for whatever offense it is issued, by one NBA member organization will be honored by other NBA member organizations.
6. Provide other NBA member organizations with a current list of athletes from their organization who have failed a drug test and the duration of their suspension (including expiration date).
7. Provide other NBA member organizations with the names of any additional athletes from their organization who fail a drug test in any of their future contests within seven (7) days after receipt of their positive test results including confirmative documentation upon request.
8. Share judges with other NBA organization members subject to their qualification.
In addition, the names of those athletes who test positive for steroids or other major performance enhancing drugs (PEDs) at any NBA member organization contest may be posted on the NBA FACEBOOK site (or other NBA-designated website) by the NBA member organization in which the positive test(s) occurred within seven (7) days after confirmation of the test results by the sanctioning organization. Individual NBA member organizations reserve the right to post - or not - the names of any athletes on/in their individual organization websites, magazines, etc. who fail a drug test of any kind.
The NBA will be reaching out to other natural organizations such as the WNBF, DFAC, and the NGA to join in the effort to unite natural bodybuilding.
DFAC Wheelchair Rep.
"3D Muscle Journey" Sponsored Athlete
"If you think your lean enough. Your 4 weeks out, keep going."