View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 08:05 AM   #9
wesrman
Max Brawn
Points: 4,311, Level: 41 Points: 4,311, Level: 41 Points: 4,311, Level: 41
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Chin Ups
wesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Yes it does. Some of the physiques we all keep bringing up over and over again, from Franco to Zane to Platz to even Sergio Oliva were around this level. In some cases a hair more - maybe 20-25 pounds.

I enjoy bodybuilding from pretty much the Lee Haney era back. Physiques were unique, and the men in the bodybuilding books looked like they were warriors doing battle in chalk-filled dens of brutality.

Modern bodybuilding is different to me. It feels different. Perhaps more distant describes it more accurately. Though there are 1000s of pictures of Jay Cutler, not a single one of them feel as authentic as pictures like this:

^ I connect with this on a deep level. It feels like me. It feels like my life.
Pics like this are motivational to me. These guys look good. I would never want to look like Cutler.