JordanK91
Max Brawn
Points: 3,712, Level: 38 Points: 3,712, Level: 38 Points: 3,712, Level: 38
Activity: 24% Activity: 24% Activity: 24%

Training Exp: 2 - beginner
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: USN Muscle Fuel
JordanK91 is a dedicated contributorJordanK91 is a dedicated contributorJordanK91 is a dedicated contributorJordanK91 is a dedicated contributorJordanK91 is a dedicated contributorJordanK91 is a dedicated contributorJordanK91 is a dedicated contributorJordanK91 is a dedicated contributorJordanK91 is a dedicated contributorJordanK91 is a dedicated contributorJordanK91 is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuytrider View Post
As you know from being on here a while, we are all in favour of upping the weight But mini stalls happen all the time. The easiest thing is to change it but the BEST thing is to continue on your progress. Steve and others are in favour of adding reps when weight is not forthcoming so keep going as you are for a while at least. Progress will be slower but it will still be better than 95%+ of others. The time will come when lower reps and higher weight will be a good choice but for now, I'd personally like to see you continue on what is a solid looking program.
Cheers Kuyt,
I'll concentrate on reps more so than throwing weight on weekly.
I think im expecting to make too much progress too fast, If i dont increase in weight weekly I feel its not progress. I should really look at increasing reps at that weight as progress..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
With your style of program you should be focused on trying to push on every set for as many reps as possible, stopping shy of failure. You aren't stalling right now. Either your program is too unfocused, you're undereating, or you have goals that aren't reasonable.

Adding one rep to an exercise per 3 weeks out of 4 will get you beastly strong and big in 4 to 5 years. Progress always lows right out of the gate and will continue to slow over time, but you won't reach an extended stall for a very, very long time if you have a focused program and proper food intake.

If you need some help refining things, we'd love to give you some feedback. If interested start a thread. The guys here know there stuff and can get you locked down and rocking in no time.
I think all 3 of the above are relevant in my case. Unfocused program, I'm not eating enough and im also expecting miracle growth instantly..
All feedback, advice and other info is all appreciated as im still only beginning my lifting journey
Quote:
Originally Posted by markievicz View Post
I don't see where the stalling is?
What was your top set for 8 when u started your log and what is it now?
That should be how you judge progress for now
I suppose when you look at it that way I have made some progress, its just frustrating to see it slowing down
JordanK91 is offline   Reply With Quote