Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn
Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member

Back. Just one comment right now. Don't rely on the calculators alone to figure out your maintenance levels. They can get you fairly close, but each one of us is different. I use them as a starting place. The simple formula is 254 x 15 = 3810 calories. That may be a bit high for you, may be just right. What I do is take that number subtract 500 calories and go for two weeks. Log everything and watch the scale. If you start gaining, cut the cals some more. If you are losing, increase them a bit. Remember, you are seeking your maintenance level. Once found you then have a starting point to start the journey.

I will let Rich or Ripped address macros and other aspects of a plan.

OBX Open August, 2014:
Squat 308 PR
Bench 176
Deadlift 402 PR
Total - 886 at 50 yrs 199.6 lbs

Shooting for a 900+ total for next meet. (see quote below)

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
bamazav is online now   Reply With Quote