Liftin' heavy
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,278, Level: 19 Points: 1,278, Level: 19 Points: 1,278, Level: 19
Activity: 61% Activity: 61% Activity: 61%

Training Exp: +9 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: ANIMAL PAK
MVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post
Rule 10: the virtual three board press

When performing a bench press, at the bottom position, you must leave at least six inches between the bar and your chest. If performed correctly, you should be able to fit a medieval bible between your chest and the bar.

[DO you get this in the USA? I see this in UK gyms all the time]

Don't forget: if you can lower 100kg within hailing distance of your chest, you can tell everyone you have a '100 kg benchpress'.
There is actually a guy in my area, that runs a gym, he's a big celebrity here. He tells his clients not to go all the way down on the bench press, because he says your chest rests between reps and he says you should keep the tension constant. He says once the forearm and upper arm hits a right angle, that's the lowest you should go.

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." - Philippians 4:13"
MVP is offline   Reply With Quote