Liftin' heavy
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,278, Level: 19 Points: 1,278, Level: 19 Points: 1,278, Level: 19
Activity: 61% Activity: 61% Activity: 61%

Training Exp: +9 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: ANIMAL PAK
MVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributor

Well today I took my wife out to a movie and to dinner. We watched that "Silent House" movie, which was a complete waste of time by the way.

Anyway, I stopped by an MMA place and told them that my wife and I had considered moving closer to the area (it's about 40 miles away right now). I told them I had no interest at all in actual MMA, but they also offer BJJ two training days per week and compete around the state, so I told him in a few months when we move up there I'd love to start competing in that.

I'd like to compete in the 175lb weight class in both powerlifting and BJJ. I don't know if I've mentioned this on here yet, but I used to box amateur. I ended up suffering what they call "the boxers fracture", which is broken metacarpals in the hand, so I'm not about to start any type of fighting sport that involves punching or getting punched. Not only does getting punched in the face cause things like becoming blind, but it also causes severe and sometimes permanent head injuries. I think submission wrestling is a much better alternative.

Anyway, I'd like to get competing in both powerlifting and BJJ sometime this year or next year. 5'8" 175lbs is a reasonable height/weight for both sports. As I mentioned earlier, I am going to try to hit the weight room tomorrow. The weight loss comes first, then comes in the DeFranco style training geared towards BJJ.

Just thought I'd update in my log the new sport I've decided to pick up!

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." - Philippians 4:13"
MVP is offline   Reply With Quote