View Single Post
Old 03-10-2012, 03:04 PM   #506
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Just pulling some quotes from above that I found interesting.

Quote:
In a technical event,even if the body has reached muscular and nervous exhaustion as it can be measured by a variety of ways,there's still the value of doing the movement for your maximum that day.
Any idea what defines a "technical event"? I assume it means Olympic lifts and not things such as back squats.

Quote:
3)Although this system did have many failures and injuries,the screening method that was used to determine the talented, although cruel, was correct as success in every sport is determined by all the qualities needed to finish these training camps-great recovery,superb technical adaptation,good performance ,and high result to effort ratio.
Injuries to some talented athletes was an acceptable outcome if the end result was country victory for one or two. Sound right?

Quote:
This is no method for self improvement of anyone and i doubt that it could be modified to accomodate the less gifted.
Have to chew on this a while.

Quote:
With all due respect Broz and Mendez' supposed greatness is restricted to youtube only.
Crunch.

Quote:
As for the system Broz uses it obviously has great Bulgarian method inluences but it looks it's much more permanent in the way stress is posed on the lifters-the Abadjiev system was a system of high intensity periods but of brief duration,not year round in order to avoid irreversible exhaustion and injury.
The gem of the bunch. Broz called me an idiot a few years back for not having belief that his programming was sustainable. I feel somewhat better now.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote