Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn
Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP View Post
Great advice. I feel like I am somewhere between 155-160lbs LBM. I don't think I would be able to bench press 310lbs at only 140lbs LBM.

I think I will gain a little bit of LBM during the early phases of the cut simply because, and it saddens me to say this, but I have never taken squats or deadlifts seriously in the past. I have always been an upper body person and I regret it severely.

I think while focusing on development of the lower body and the anabolic benefits included in training the lower body will somehow assist with maintenance of even development of LBM during this cut.

The first thing I have to drop is soda. I'm a sodaholic. I drink every bit of 6 bottles of coke and 3-4 cans of Mountain Dew per day. I think that caffeine might even have something to do with my extremely high BP.

^ Right there is another picture of me at Florida this past summer.
Dude. 6 bottles of coke and 3-4 Mountain Dews? Empty calories equaling two full meals +. Drop the sodas alone and you should start to lose weight. 6 - 20 oz cokes at 240 calories each is 1440, 3 Dews about the same # of calories brings you to over 2000 empty calories a day, 14000+ a week.

Dr. Berardi (Precision Nutrition) teaches small steps in the process. Make this small step #1. Go the next two weeks drinking water, unsweetened or diet drinks (IMHO coke Zero tastes closer to coke than diet coke).

OBX Open August, 2014:
Squat 308 PR
Bench 176
Deadlift 402 PR
Total - 886 at 50 yrs 199.6 lbs

Shooting for a 900+ total for next meet. (see quote below)

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
bamazav is offline   Reply With Quote