Liftin' heavy
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,278, Level: 19 Points: 1,278, Level: 19 Points: 1,278, Level: 19
Activity: 61% Activity: 61% Activity: 61%

Training Exp: +9 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: ANIMAL PAK
MVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
My estimates have you around 27-28% bodybat, or a LBM around 160 pounds. You are not 43%.

I can't say what weight you should cut to. That's your call. Here are some possible scenarios, as you may lose a bit of muscle while cutting.

200 pounds, 158 LBM = 21% bodyfat
190 pounds, 158 LBM = 17% bodyfat
180 pounds, 157 LBM = 13% bodyfat

The lower you go, the harder to maintain. Train hard, and after 200 take it a pound at a time.
Man, this is going to be tough. I would say at about 200lbs my BP would drop naturally due to the water weight. 13% bodyfat to me would be pretty lean since I haven't been there in ages.

If the other guy above is right and I am really 35% bodyfat, then I would need to cut to 160 to be lean and I would be afraid of blowing away in the wind then!

My main concern is cutting without losing my strength. I just want to maintain my lifts when I get up there. I won't want my bench dropping below 260 and I want my squat and deadlifts in the 300s-400s.

I guess I will make two goals: the first goal 200lbs, then the second goal 180lbs; once I reach 180lbs, then I will decide if I should cut any further down.

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." - Philippians 4:13"
MVP is offline   Reply With Quote