Liftin' heavy
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,278, Level: 19 Points: 1,278, Level: 19 Points: 1,278, Level: 19
Activity: 61% Activity: 61% Activity: 61%

Training Exp: +9 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: ANIMAL PAK
MVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
Interesting thoughts MVP. I agree that you should always train the opposing muscle groups, but I feel you can do more pulls than pushes without much harm. I also tend to work my back differently than my chest because my back likes heavier weights, forceful movements, and lower reps. My chest likes less work and slow controlled reps. But YMMV.

Yeah, you are definitely right. Same thing with hip extension and hip flexion. It's rare you see with an imbalance overly powerful hip extensors and weak hip flexors just like it's rare to see overly powerful scapula retractors and weak protractors.

I was just trying to make a point that you should always try to maintain training in the opposites category minus the exceptions .

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." - Philippians 4:13"
MVP is offline   Reply With Quote