View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 12:07 PM   #14
flow
Brawn
Points: 1,940, Level: 26 Points: 1,940, Level: 26 Points: 1,940, Level: 26
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

flow has made some good postsflow has made some good postsflow has made some good postsflow has made some good postsflow has made some good postsflow has made some good postsflow has made some good postsflow has made some good posts

Thank you for the interesting insights!

Well but doesn´t any body "believe" in the law of accomodation?
If the body adapted to the loading stimulus do you really never change anything?
It seems not understandable for me, that a trainee trains with the same programm forever.
I know thats a example out of the strength world, but also rippetoes training changes over time. The demands get bigger. (like from SS to TM)

Also casey advocates switching from HLM to HML over time. Or when staying with the same rep count to vary exercises to fullfill the HLM principle.

Also Stone (2007) has written about "overtraining" because of monotounos training.(same load, exercises) The CNS is no longer challanged-so you need to change something of course in the frame of your goals. And Stones work was not only based on scientific research but also from his work with athletes.

Getting stronger is always the cornerstone, but does not somebody need some variation /new stimulus to get stronger again?

Also I cannot imagine that someone for BB purpose is training his whole live German Volume training and gets still stronger on the 10x10 sets.
Thats why after 10x10 a 5x5 programm is advocated-to get stronger again and to let the body adapt to a new stimulus.

I know DE FRanco is a strength coach-but he stated regarding hypertrophy thats its best to change it as much up as possible.

I can only speak for myself-i reached my top weight 2 years ago with 98.5kg and 23%BF on 186cm height. Started with 68kg (BF unnknown but quite lean) but this was a decade ago. This was during a HLM cycle and a bunch of food.

But after deloading I stalled out. Does this mean I reached my 85-90% limit and that changing anything is worthless?

Last edited by flow; 03-06-2012 at 12:35 PM.
flow is offline   Reply With Quote