View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 09:45 PM   #11
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Let me summarize my bloated post.

In muscle building I believe you move from point A to B to C. Point A to B is about 85% of your gains, a point past which most never see. To move from A to B you need to get much stronger, using sensible and level-appropriate rep ranges, volume and exercises, and not much else.

If you add periodization to this, that's ok. At some point in your intermediate journey it's hard to lift week in and out heavy all the time. Many elite bodybuilders still do, but that's a topic for another thread. I never periodized, but then again I used a split so my rest management was not in the context of a fullbody.

If you change between similar exercises occasionally, that's ok. As long as they are similar, and not a step down.

In making the journey from point A to B, of the two I believe swapping exercises could be a waste of time. If can be utilized, but it's not a requirement. With that said it could be detrimental if not used properly.

Bottom line...get to point B. Get stronger. Everything else, if reasonable, is personal preference. Let it be known that I consider point B to be a lot stronger than most people will ever get, probably around a 300-400-500 total or even a little more.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links