View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 08:40 PM   #6
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flow View Post
In my eyes there are 3 reason why someone stalls:

-Overreaching/Overtraining
-Diet
-Accomodation

So when you stall on an exercise, diet is in check and back cycling (deload) doesn´t work. What do you do then?
Most people don't really stall for a long, long time. They only think they stall. That's my honest opinion. And when they do hit these soft walls, they are already pretty darn big if bodybuilding is the focus.

I work with elite naturals and I can tell you most don't do anything. They simply hit the gym and do what they always did. Most don't deload, and most don't eat more (certainly not as an advanced bodybuilder because aggressive bulking is a road to fast fat gains). They tend to add volume over time and not focus as much upon adding strength past a certain point. Sure, they get gradually stronger, but it's not the prime focus after a certain point in time.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote